Client Director (London/remote)
We’re looking for someone to join our team who shares our passion for greatness.
Earnest is an agency with a mission to chase out the humdrum in B2B marketing. Since we opened for business in 2009, we’ve built brands, shaped strategies, produced content programmes, created experiences and developed campaigns that not only deliver results, but engage and delight their audiences too.
It’s been so far so good. We’ve gathered a talented team, picked up a surprising number of awards and are now fortunate to count the likes of Vodafone, Mitie, Landmark, Ericsson and an array of other exciting businesses from start up banks to shipping companies amongst our clients.
What’s it all about?
The client director role is a vital one for Earnest. You’ll help us realise our ambitions by managing and strengthening our client relationships. With your understanding of their attitudes, concerns and interests, you’ll help ensure that our strategies – and the work we develop around them – are always spot on and that we retain our clients and build our partnerships with them year on year.
In return, as well as a great benefits package – that includes healthcare and contributory pension – you’ll be given opportunities to grow your career and develop your skills, as far as you want to go.
What you’ll be doing
- Liaising with clients on a daily basis, developing strong, profitable relationships
- Taking a client-centric and proactive approach to both nurture and grow accounts, while ensuring maximum profit for all projects
- Leading the strategic direction for key clients
- Helping to draft marketing proposals for campaigns, rebrands and digital projects
- Understanding the full ‘marketing mix’ – from digital, social and inbound to media, PR and data – and employing your knowledge with confidence
- Owning at least one ‘top tier’ client and taking ownership for their P&L
- Getting involved in new business, handling RFIs, liaising with procurement and running the end-to-end pitch process
- Proactively thinking of ways to increase the scope of our work for existing clients
- Acting as a role model for more junior members of the team
- Helping them develop their skills, experience and, ultimately, their careers
- Being the best possible representative of Earnest, encouraging clients to do the most interesting and effective work they can
- Working as a team player in the agency and getting involved wherever needed
- Attending networking events and where relevant, training courses
- At least 7 years’ experience of managing multiple projects, from either a digital, B2B or integrated agency
- An understanding of the digital tools we use, what they are for, and why we use them
- A client-centric, consultative approach to nurturing and growing client accounts
- Strong commercial acumen
- Gravitas and the ability to own and run a meeting with senior clients or colleagues
- An appreciation for great creative work as well as a passion for marketing
- A willingness to work hard and go the extra mile
- Enthusiastic, creative with a great sense of humour
Client Director (London/Remote)
from £65k - subject to experience
- Private Medical Insurance
- Tech Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days holiday + birthday off
Get to know us a little better
Like macaroons for your mind, our monthly newsletter provides sweet treats for your synapses, loaded with our latest humdrum-busting B2B marketing insights.