Client Manager (London/remote)
We’re looking for someone to join our team who shares our passion for greatness.
Earnest is an agency with a mission to chase out the humdrum in B2B marketing. Since we opened for business in 2009, we’ve built brands, shaped strategies, produced content programmes, created experiences and developed campaigns that not only deliver results, but engage and delight their audiences too.
It’s been so far so good. We’ve gathered a talented team, picked up a surprising number of awards and are now fortunate to count the likes of Microsoft, Ericsson Vodafone, McGill and an array of other exciting businesses from start-up banks to shipping companies amongst our clients.
What’s it all about?
At any one time you’ll be supporting the team in meeting (and exceeding), the expectations of at least one of our largest clients, as well as working on one or two smaller projects.
You’ll manage internal resources and budgets while ensuring our strategy – and the creative that comes out of it – are just right for the task at hand. As a key point of contact, the Client Manager role is crucial to maintaining great client relationships – something that’s absolutely fundamental to our success.
In return, as well as a great benefits package – that includes healthcare and contributory pension – you’ll be given opportunities to grow your career and develop your skills, as far as you want to go.
Helping us hit our targets
Nurturing client relationships
The same kind of different
We welcome you, whatever your appearance, mobility or gender; who you love, who you worship or where you’re from. We look for talent, enthusiasm and likability in our teammates. We look for that extra something that will add to the way we work together. That’s what helps us to be better people and a better agency.
What you’ll be up to
- Simultaneously managing multiple projects.
- Taking briefs, briefing creative and planning teams
- Selling in and presenting work and plans (from creative to campaign plans).
- Some people management responsibility (line management is typically by Client Directors).
- Liaising with clients on a daily basis, developing strong, profitable relationships
- A client-centric and proactive approach – able to both nurture and grow accounts – whilst ensuring maximum profit is achieved on all projects
- Help draft marketing proposals for campaigns, rebrands, digital projects – and be confident in understanding the process
- Understand the full ‘marketing mix’ – e.g., digital, social, inbound, nurture principles – and also partner agency skills ego media planning, PR, data management, search and research
- Confidence in helping more senior team members in delivering on strategic client briefs
- Proactively thinking of ways to increase the scope of our work for existing clients (especially for our smaller clients)
- Involvement in new business; researching, helping draft proposals and responses – as part of the pitch team
- Being the best possible representative of Earnest, encouraging clients to do the most interesting and effective work they can
- Working as a team player in the agency and getting involved wherever needed
- Supporting our own social media presence
- At least 3–4 years’ experience of managing multiple projects, from either a digital, B2B or integrated agency
- A client-centric approach to consulting with clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An appreciation for great creative work as well as a passion for marketing and social media
- A good understanding of digital marketing
- Financial acumen
- A willingness to work hard and go the extra mile
- To be enthusiastic, creative with a great sense of humour
Client Manager (London/Remote)
£30 - 40k
- Private Medical Insurance
- Tech Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days holiday + birthday off
Get to know us a little better
Like macaroons for your mind, our monthly newsletter provides sweet treats for your synapses, loaded with our latest humdrum-busting B2B marketing insights.